Monday 17 January 2011

My First 5 Weeks...

In my first five weeks I was given 5 week long projects to complete, each being set on the Monday and having to be in for the following Monday. We would have class discussions where we would talk about and show our work to the rest of the group, and then we would then be given the next project.

I found the first 5 weeks quite stressful as I was still trying to settle in and get to know people and also wasn't used to working at that fast pace, in college we would be given 5-6 weeks to complete a project, and would also be given help and guidance along the way, so having only a week to complete the work and being left to get on with it all on my own was a bit of a shock!

For all 5 projects the briefs were very vague, not really saying exactly what it was we were being asked to do. I found this quite difficult as I was worried if the ideas I were coming up with were right, and ended up spending most of the week researching coming up with as many ideas as I could - putting off actually making a start on anything, which left me in a rush trying to complete it over the weekend.
However, I was quite please with most of the final end pieces, and knew if id not worried as much as I did and just started at the beginning of the week and gave myself more time to work on the project the final piece would have been better.

It was such a relief handing in my folder at the end of the 5 weeks knowing that I had finished the work, and was capable at working to a faster pace!


Sketch Book Work.






Material concept process work.
Manifesto 

This was the very first project we were given, to come up with our own manifesto of what we think is important in design, my manifesto... Dare to be different!

I think that it is important as a designer to stand out and break the rules where justifiable, if your work and designs are the same as what's already out there then you wont stand out, you will just blend in the the back ground.

Poster design.

I was pleased with the outcome of this idea, I spent a lot of time hand drawing and colouring the butterflies, I am especially please with the leopard print one which is the main focus of the poster. If I was to change anything it would be the text type as I did it in a rush so it was finished in time, i'm not sure how I would change it but I would look in to other typefaces and see which on fitted the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment