Sunday 1 May 2011

A101DVA - They Won't Bite ... How to work with Creatives

For my Add+ Vantage module I decided to pick 'How to work with creatives', this was where I would learn how to work with and present myself to creatives in the real world. I would gain knowledge in this subject then at the end of the module have to do a presentation in a small group showing what I had learned.
I picked this subject because I find it hard to speak in front of  groups of people both socially and professionally, I get really nervous and would do my best to put off having to do it if I could, obviously this isn't idea with the line of work i'm hoping to go in to, in the future I am going to have to present my work and ideas to people in hope to find jobs etc, so this is something I really need to try and getting better at and overcome the nerves.
In each lesson we were taught different skills and techniques to help us understand what we should and shouldn't do when presenting ourselves, and what we should try and do to overcome worrying about doing presentations etc.
Half way through the module we were put in to groups and asked to come up with a new product which we would then have to try and sell to the rest of the group. The product could be anything, we had to give it a name, slogan and present it on a Power Point presentation. The presentation had to be at least 10 minutes long, and each person in the group had to speak, I was really nervous about speaking in front of the class, and was even worried about practicing in front of my group!
I personally thought that my group didn't make enough effort in this project, nobody was interested in meeting and it was all left to the last day or two for us to try and get something together, although I thought our product idea was fun and original we didn't give ourself time to present our idea well, it was rushed and we didn't have enough time to practice. I personally would have liked to have much more of an effort because this was something I really wanted to learn from as I know it's something i'm going to have to start doing more and more and I'm dreading it!


Overall I am glad I pick this Add+ Vantage module as I found the classes quite useful, however I wish that more effort in the group work had been put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment